Job title: FabLab & Innovation Technical Engineer
Job LevelTeam Member
- Lead and Continue the development of the "I Make for my City" winning project, including all technical and operational aspects
- Report the progress on the "I Make for my City Project"
- Provide technical expertise to facilitate the development and implementation of innovative projects and programs within the FabLab and Innovation Hub.
- Ensure effective functioning and maintenance of Innovation Hub equipment and facilities, including computers and VR/AR headsets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify their needs, support their projects, and promote interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to users of the FabLab and Innovation Hub, helping them acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to use the equipment and tools safely and effectively.
- Develop and deliver educational programs that promote innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship, leveraging emerging technologies as appropriate.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in emerging technologies, and identify opportunities for the FabLab and Innovation Hub to contribute to their advancement and adoption.
- Engage with external partners to develop collaborations, share best practices, and promote the FabLab and Innovation Hub mission and impact.
- Manage purchasing, and inventory of materials and supplies needed for the operation of the Innovation Hub and FabLab, and ensure their proper use and storage.
- Ad hoc duties as required by the management.
- Ensure streamlined progress in the "I Make for My City" project
- Ensure the proper functioning and maintenance of equipment (machines, furniture, etc.).
- Ensure the technical management of the space, in particular through the implementation of internal regulations, access management, registrations and schedules.
- Coordinate visits and ensure compliance with the operating charter and the use of equipment.
- Coordinate the planning for the events with stakeholder and secure the overlap of any other activities.
- Document, share good practices and evaluate methods according to a plan.
- Maintain an inventory of the technical resources of the innovation Hub.
- Help in the planning of activities according to the different target populations.
- Develop technological solutions for different projects.
- Keep connection with alumni.
- Participating in trainee progress stages and evaluation.
- Plan, prepare, and participate in Innovation Hub PR activities including tours and external events.
- Project Management, Communication Skills, Creative Thinking;
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, IT, or Computer Science
- 0-2 years of experience
- Familiarity with at least one of the emerging technologies such as AI, IoT, VR/AR, 5G, and blockchain
- Familiarity with computer-aided design and digital fabrication
- Interest in the theme of innovation hubs